JOIN A TRAINING GROUP
**2017 Season Details!!**
This year kids training will be race-specific with training clinics for each of the three local kids triathlons (based on demand).
TRIblossomwood Training Clinics
There are two separate groups, the Pelican Group (kids 5 and under as of December 31, 2017), and Sharpfin/Yellowstripe/Sawtooth Group (kids under 14 years old as of December 31, 2017). Kids under 5 who are entering the Sharpfin division can come to either training clinic.
- Training will be at Blossomwood Elementary School Track, SE YMCA on Weatherly Road and the greenway behind Fleet Feet Sports (see the calendar for details).
- Training will include: transition skills, bike handling skills and triathlon specific swimming skills.
- Must be a USA Triathlon member to join any training session.
- Race registration is not included.
Pesky Piranha Youth Triathlon was CANCELLED for 2017
Kids Fly Tri Training Clinics
TWO Training Clinics
- August 6th and 13th from 3:30-5pm
- Training will include: transition skills, and open water swim practice (weather permitting)
- No bike riding at this clinic
- Must be a USA Triathlon member to join a training clinic
- $10 fee to pay lifeguards
NOTE: I am hoping to have training groups or a team next year. If you are interested, please let me know.
Triathlon is a lifelong activity unlike so many other kids' sports. It is my hope your child will enjoy several sports throughout the year, using triathlon as the foundation for a healthy life. I believe in teaching fundamentals not only of the sport, but of life. I also believe training has to be fun so a child will WANT to participate.